- The characterisitc or quality of being gritty
Grit can refer to:
- The mesh or unit of measure for sandpaper and other polishing materials
(geology) or grus
(geology), a clastic sediment composed of hard, often abrasive
granules of a size range between sand and pebbles, typically from
of bedrock (typically granite)
- Gritstone, a sedimentary rock formed by diagenesis of grit
- Grits, a
corn-based food common in the Southern United States and Southern
- GRITS (derived from the above meaning) is an American slang term short for Girls Raised In The South
- GRIT (derived from the above meaning) is an American military slang term for someone from the South.
- Grits, a derogatory slang term in the Middle Atlantic United States referring to caucasian working class people, a synonym for redneck
- A substance made available to domestic fowl to aid in digestion, as a gastrolith.
- the inability to give up; strong character; pluck
- Road salt, used to prevent ice forming on roads
- Grit (newspaper), a U.S. periodical founded as a newspaper in 1882
- Clear Grits, reformers in the Province of Upper Canada, a British colony that is now the Province of Ontario, Canada
- Grits, a media term for the Liberal Party of Canada
- GRITS, a Christian hip hop group
- Grit (Advance Wars), a character in the Advance Wars series of video games
- Grit (album), album by Celtic fusion musician Martyn Bennett
- Grit, a synonym for dip, or chewing tobacco
- GRiT, a slang for methamphetamine
- Gritty Weed, adulterated herbal Cannabis in the UK
- Grits is also an internet meme on Slashdot
- Grit is also used to smoothen surfaces which are slippery
- GRIT, an acronym for Gradual Reduction in Tension, a model of international conflict management developed by Charles Osgood and advocated by several prominent International Relations scholars.
- GRIT (Military Acronym) Used as an aide memoir for fire control orders (Group, Range, Indication, Type of Fire)
- GRIT is an acronym for Grantor Retained Interest Trust.